I did not gain any. I was listening to a radio station and their main topic for conversation was how to lose the weight gained during the holidays. I smiled at the thought that that's the least of my worries. If anything, I shed some pounds. Not that there were no food to enjoy (come to think of it, we had a little less than a feast last Christmas), I was just not ready for the holidays; I was preoccupied with another thing - to say the least. Most of my jeans got a bit loose and now I have to keep on pulling them up to keep them where they should hang.
Going to through a heartbreak during the holidays is not the most convenient and might be a masochistic way of loosing the pounds but I guess it still has a positive effect on the body. Don't get me wrong, I am not elated that I haven't gained weight during the holidays. If I am to choose, I'd rather have this dilemma of shrinking back to my old body size than going through a heartbreak.
It was a funny and teary holiday though.
No comments:
Post a Comment