It’s only 27 days before I finally leave this office as an employee. I feel excited and relieved that I don’t have to witness, starting next month, the sadistic meetings and petty fights that nonsensical people here busy themselves with. I still feel anxious though, it seems as if, as the last day nears, the longer each day becomes. The 24-hour day seems to stretch longer and time moving even slower. There’s nothing new though, I still feel that I am dragging myself each day and I come home almost crawling. The only consolation I get is the thought that I don’t have to put up with my lazy and overbearing boss who has this uncanny ability to blow up little things into big issues. And then there’s the second in command, who thinks he’s way above everyone else, who doesn’t seem to have anything to do but to walk around and pretend that by reading newspapers and facilitating work systems that are nonetheless inefficient, he’s already worthy of a six-digit salary.
hope that day comes when i wake up tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment