One friend is battling age-old insecurities, probably more; another one troubled because she is hard-pressed to choose between loyalty and truth; some other colleagues I know are struggling at work, with policies and people they unfortunately are with; an officemate recently learned that her mom has the big C; and my cousin is determined to keep up with her current lifestyle even in the throes of a financial quandary.
What's keeping me occupied? A dream scholarship, an ideal job, financial struggles, worries over a depressed dad and unemployed sister. Sometimes, I whine about the things I have to worry about not that I don't realize I might just be expecting too much from an imperfect world. The thing is, the world is as perfect as it can be. Things happen as they should; people meet, greet, talk, fall in and out of love, quarrel, laugh, and so on and so forth as they should, and shit happens even when we beg the mercy of the powers that be to postpone it to some other day. The harsh reality is that the world will continue on turning regardless if I choose to move on or not. The decision is mine and I am going to make it.
Hoping for better things to come? Definitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment