There's this untiring spirit within me that is yearning and waiting to be free; to see the world and live life just how it unfolds; to muster the courage to go through pain, difficulties, challenges, and what-have-yous, and come out better, stronger, happier, and more thankful. Right now, there is one dominating desire in me: to travel and conquer different places - get to know other cultures and learn about how life is and maybe, just maybe find a little of piece of myself in every country. Not too long ago, I was afraid I've lost this passion; this passion about life, about the goodness there is, the greatness that is always waiting to unfold, the love that is always there to be shared, laughters that never fails to lighten one's load, friendships that make challenges more bearable, the dream that is worth following and the destiny that is waiting to be fulfilled. I've prayed so hard for it to come back. Four years from that time, it finally came alive again.
I thought about what life will I look back at when I sit on a rocking chair, 50 or 60 years from now. I thought about death and how it will take my life from me. I thought about how much I am trying to preserve the life I have, instead of just simply living it. Fear is eating me whenever I think of gruesome, brutal, and not to mention painful ways of dying. May I be worthy to receive the gift of dying after having gone through everything that my heart and spirit desires, regardless whether I am capable of putting them to words today. May I be strong enough to go through the ups and downs of life - climbing a mountain, running a race, crossing a river or sea, winning a challenge, or just simply finishing a task.
May the day comes when at the moment of sunset, as the world bids goodbye to another day, and say hello to another night, will I also close my eyes and embrace the call of the after life, never losing the passion to live even in death and welcoming the challenge beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment