Monday, February 25, 2008

Numb

I prayed
And a black cloak was given
It consumed everything
the cold, the heat, the rain
even the pain
It resisted the sunlight
but it afforded me to breath
I was warned
Just like the glass shoes of Cinderella
it is here temporarily

"So master what you need
to master, it said
For when I go
everything will come running
towards you
They will try to consume you

I am here
because you cannot be lost
But you are neither found
Even you will seek the answers
they will throw
and nothing will be known, yet"

"I will absorb the tears
And they will see only
what you want them to see
They will never know
what is underneath me

Only those whose power
you have given
will understand
And will know
For their understanding
might be used against you
Ignorance is bliss
For you
For them

I heard him said one day,
You will not be hurt anymore
without your collaboration.

I say,
you will not give them
the power over you

The black cloak is steady
it numbs me.
There is nothing more to ask..

No comments:

Post a Comment