Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thankful

My legs were giving up on me while I walking in SM Makati, one evening, looking for an exchange gift for one of the Christmas dinners I would be attending. The sad part is I never saw anything close to what was asked in my 'baby's' wishlist. Gift giving should never be this stressful, is what I had in mind while trying to make myself believe that I can still find something reasonable in SM.

As I was about to walk out from the mall, I noticed the security guards on duty, who I assumed where required to stand all day and keep within their posts. And then as I walk past the side of Glorietta 4, passing Bacolod Chicken, I noticed the tiredness in the eyes of a waiter who was patiently waiting for customers to finish their dinners. i did not feel a sudden surge of energy, but a very overpowering moment of humility; that despite my difficulty in finding a decent gift, and the stress I feel looking for one, I might not be as tired as others are.

There are truly so many things I need to be thankful for this year. And that is not excluding all the moments when I felt drained and out and helpless and emotionally burnt out. For in those moments of weakness, I personally felt the greater power and the loving care of my God. I truly believe that in man's moments of weakness, God's power is exemplified. It is through those experiences that I was able to appreciate the better times in my life.

Last January, I hailed 2009 as my year; that I will get the best and that good things will happen not just to me but to the people who matters to me. I claimed it and lived it. And I am thankful I did. Looking back, it was indeed a good year.

Now, I am declaring that 2010 will be a better year for me and my family. I am claiming it.

No comments:

Post a Comment