Sunday, January 31, 2010

Myriad of ideas but few words

I came home from work last Friday earlier than expected, considering that it was a Friday night. I was not able to go to mass because there are no evening masses last week as priests have some sort of conference and most of them will be attending it. I had the chance to clean up my email which is by the way an overdue task in my invisible checklist. Tons and tons of workload fell on my lap when I started with Batch 98 even if I haven't finished with Batch 94. Its a good thing though that I have a very fun batch with me although I am foreseeing some difficulties for me in the future; not that I am not prepared for it or I cannot handle it. But its another entry altogether.

So anyway, I came home and did some tidying up and then I'm done. I sat on our sofa and stared at the space of our small unit. As I contemplate on something I wanted to do next, it came to me that I am slowly losing a part of my life, social life, that is. When I became a training officer, I wanted to become really good (my goal is to be the best). So I spend most of my time in the office practicing my OC-ness over admin work, over the training material, and what have yous. I spent most of day yesterday, in front of the TV and tried finishing The unbearable lightness of being. Eventhough I am just a few flips aways from the last page, I still felt useless and unproductive.

This is not how it should happen I said to myself. I know I can do better. Going back from the time I sat in our sofa, ideas and thoughts came descending on me. Giving me brilliant flashes inspiration to write about. Until this moment, that's all they ever are because I cannot even recall most of them. I just know that I have it in me, and that it will soon happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment