I want to forget and never to remember ever that you have touched my life that you were once part of me. I want to turn my back on the memories that we shared to forget the pain you have caused me. I want you to disappear and never to return again. If I speak of bitterness, its something that not only you have to take, but realize that it is with me every single waking day. And no amount of recompense nor amends can lessen the hurt you have caused me -whether intended or not.
I don't want you to feel pity. I dont want you to feel anything. There is no reason why you should for you are no longer related to me except in the most civil way possible. We are no more than persons who happen to work in the same company, same building, same room. I will never look at the two of you in the same way again. Actually, I will try not to look at you ever, until I completely and totally forget everything that we shared together. If its any consolation, think that you didnt lose much, it is I who have decided and its a bitter pill that I need to swallow no matter how hard.
I pray that the day will come when no trace of your memory lives in me. I look forward to the day when I no longer have to look away when I see you. I dream of that day when I would not have anything against you or in favor of you; when I regard you no more than the average stranger on the street.
Lastly, I dream of that day when no pain will haunt me, no memory will surface, enough to make me realize that I can be friends with you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment