Friday, April 18, 2008

Standing on my own

I am usually swayed with my decisions especially if the people around me carries a different opinion compared to what I have. No matter how rigorous my defense is for my own decisions, for some reason, how others present their thoughts sounds more logical than my own. After quite some time, I have found myself unperturbed with the decision I have made. My friends would say that I might have been too harsh to demand the honesty I expect when come to think of it, it was fairly difficult to be in her shoes as well. Even if I have given her my word that I will not mind seeing them together, it still does not make it any easier on her part to simply tell me that she has fallen for him.

Fair. True. But still does not justify that I do not have the right to feel betrayed.

If we are to place ourselves in the position of another everytime we make decisions, everytime we pass on judgments - it may make us more compassionate but still does not take away the fact that we might suffer - and suffer harshly at that.

I will be firm on this until my resolve runs out; until I have completely erased from memory the friendship I once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment