Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Restless

I am a restless spirit. I am held firmly by invisible hands at my arms and feet, unable to dance and live openly to breathe the vitality of life. Cloaked as suction tubes, they sip the very life out of me and make me stay in one corner without moving an inch. I long to live life without boundaries. Without anyone holding me from doing the things I want. Like a butterfly gracefully hip-hopping on every beautiful flower. Like a hawk, mightily occupying the vastness of sky. Like a cheetah or a tiger or lion fiercely running in the open wild.

I want to seize what comes in front of me. I want to snatch the power of time, its cunning yet subtle way of making every other living thing under its command. I want to defy space and teleport in a place to another. I want to challenge all the strength there is in this world, until I have become tired of running, exploring, thinking, dancing but not living.

But something keeps hold of me. And it would not let me go.

My spirit is restless. I want to know the world. I want to live and breath and laugh and die with the world. I want to ask the trees how it feels to be one, or maybe ask the president of the United States of America his thoughts the moment I approach him. I want to emphatize with the others wrongly accused of crimes they did not commit or feel the lives of brilliant powerful people whose mere batting of eyelash commands thousand at his disposal.

My soul is restless, I know. And I acknowledge that nothing in this lifetime not even the reality of these thoughts would lay it to rest. I know only of one thing. And to that one Being I commend my restless spirit. ADMG

No comments:

Post a Comment