Saturday, July 30, 2011

Conversation from the other side

It only took one look from him to make that conversation happen. Just one look; without hesitation I raised my thumbs up and ask if he is okay. He smirked, as if to signal not really. I reinforced my thumbs up by bringing in my right hand and showed two thumbs up. I then motioned, my palms facing down, as if saying, "relax, slow down, you are way too excited", and then I pulled my gaze away from him to the game, even if I didn't want to.

It probably didn't mean anything to him but to me, it was a moment to be treasured forever. No one from the other side has even bothered to look at us while we cheer for them. Not that I want them to, I was happy seeing everyone play. I appreciate the fact that they invited me to see them play and I feel that I had to be there being the first time that team played last year. I really feel like my presence was doing some service to their tired but satisfied legs from running and shooting those baskets. But his look made me feel like there is something worth looking forward to if he was not married.

Or he was probably just friendly. Enough Gail, enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment