I have been waiting for this for the longest time and yes, surprisingly, I didn't quite expect it from someone I barely uttered a word with. But it is happening. I am still at that stage where in I am confused, overwhelmed, enjoying the attention, and a bit flushed about what is happening. One time he was joking around with me, just like how everyone does it, and then he asked for my number, which rarely happens and then he's asking all these questions. It's really flattering for someone like me to be liked because I think this is the first time that somebody had the courage to come up to me and say that he likes me.
The only glitch in this scene is that he is not quite the person I want to be with. Although, I am definitely intrigued with his courage, probably because a lot of people have commented on how strong my personality is that it is intimidating for someone to approach me, I can recite quite a few things that I don't like about him and that's really not a good thing.
I don't want to think, although I am thinking it, that I am still entertaining him because it gives me much pleasure that someone is trying to win my attention but a big part of it is true. I have been praying for the right time to say it but a part of me also wants to give it a try; to get to know the person and give him a bit of credit.
I asked a friend how to decline these kinds of 'offer' without doing much emotional damage to the person and he exclaimed, that it might be too soon to do it. I have long wanted to be wooed and loved and 'chased' and now I realized that its a situation which I might not be able to handle well. I realized that breaking my suitors' hearts is not something I can deal with easily. Now I understand better why I didn't have much of what I wanted in the first place.
I just exclaimed, "Buti na lang di ako dyosa sa tunay na buhay! Ang hirap pala!" Hahahaha! I wish.
But if there is one great thing I have realized because of this, it is this: I am on my way, I am getting there, I am getting noticed, and one by one, people are not content just staring at me and keeping their awe to themselves, they are making it known. I'd give myself a pat on the back and say, Good job Gail! Now I know that I can really make it, that I can reach for the stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment