Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Looking through windows of the soul

I met a new acquaintance from Ateneo Law School last Wednesday during the 6th Birthday Party of WYA in Eastwood and I commented on how difficult law school is, not to mention the work after you graduate and how some close family friends wanted me to become a lawyer. I told him that though the idea did cross my mind, it was no where near serious. We find ourselves in the not-so-ordinary act of disclosing our ages and I jokingly told him that I was 14. He looked me in the eyes and half-smiling, he replied back, "No, you don't."

"I don't?", I asked in astonishment, as he was the first to tell me this.

"No, you won't pass the high school look anymore, because there is wisdom in your eyes."

The years of experience has finally shown in my eyes.

I felt an unusual mix of 'kilig' and relief. I don't know why.

==========

Bloomfields

I did not have any ride home after the party and so I parted ways with Ren heading towards Mcdo where a few taxis are waiting. That night, Bloomfields was playing in the concert grounds and though I really need to go home, I can't fight the urge to stop and watch and listen to my favorite band play. Luckily, I saw some familiar faces, Abel and Relyn and her friends, who were already dancing to the beat of Bloomfields' music. What was a supposed to be a short stop became an unexpected spontaneous party with friends who I happen to be with for the first time. It was a most refreshing experience. I'm not sure if I can come back to Eastwood again, but I want to, even if I'm on my own. Relyn and her friends told me the band usually plays every Wednesday and I got so excited knowing that I can enjoy the music and the band on a regular basis, that is if I find the courage to go every Wednesday to Eastwood.

I wish someone would bring the Bloomfields to Makati. I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment