For 26 Years in my life, I have experienced some good and bad; I've tasted successes and defeats; I was given my share of joys and sufferings and been through the fleeting moment of love and the excruciating pain of being broken-hearted. While these were mostly good moments to enjoy and look back at, some are undeniably greater than what I have expected for myself.
I'd like to think that in all of these, I have learned to become a better person. I would say that - taken off the lines from one of the movies I've just recently watched - I've become a better person not just because I have experience a lot but also more importantly because I am willing to learn more.
I have been blessed and still am being blessed with so much, even as I write this. Looking back at the moments in the 26 years of my life is overwhelmingly nostalgic and I can't help but feel happy and sad at the same time. Something inside of me, influenced by a culture of apathy, tells me that it's no big deal to turn another year older, because who doesn't grow old year after year? It's one of the most normal thing on Earth. But no, it's not just normal; it's a gift and therefore it's something special to be given another year.
The 26 years of my life was an advanced birthday present for my 27th. There's just no end to the gratitude that is in my heart for everything I have been given.
Here's to the marvelous 26 years of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment