That has got to be best month-ender experience I've been to by far! It just tops the chart.
Despite the chaos brought by the interfaith rally in Ayala, the fickle-mindedness of our companions in our agreed rendezvous, and a lethargic state of mind, Phil and I went on to fulfill our plan of attending the gig of Goodbye Tracy, armed with only one goal in mind - to have fun. Have fun we did. This is the first time that I went out with Phil and the first time I watched a gig of random bands in a second-time venue I've been to - one that holds quite a memorable first time as well. Both of us didn't know what to expect, except that we will be watching Goodbye Tracy play and probably go home around 10 or 11pm at the latest.
What was supposed to be a ho-hum night out turn out to be one of the most exciting and enjoyable evening. Phil and I order 6 beers expecting that we will not be able to finish all of them but lo and behold, they were all consumed even before the band we were expecting took their turn on the stage. I must say that I've been becoming quite tolerant of beer and I never got to a point of having to hold the rails while walking. I got a cd from tunog kalye, 103.5 Max FM, something which earned me a hug and kiss from one of the most beautiful creature in the planet, DJ Drey. YEah, I did not deserve the cd but hey, I summed up the courage to go upstage and make a fool out of myself for not being able to remember one of the bands in the cd. I did not pretend I know but good thing, Sgt. Pepper and DJ Drey were quite good sports.
The performance of the band was way far better than most of the bands who took the stage. I enjoyed Itchy worms and Silent Sanctuary next to Goodbye Tracy, of course. Most importantly, I enjoyed DJ Drey. Hahaha.
Thanks Phil for the camera and the company.
I am now a convert. From now on, my frequency will be set from the extreme end of 88.3 and the not so distant 103.5. I'm going to have to say goodbye to mellow.
I'm going to be singing Neyo's "..so sick of love songs, so tired of tears, so done with wishing you were still here. Sad Im so sick with love songs...". HAHAHA. I am being released from the bondage of love.
A new day beckons the closure of a chapter in my life. I press towards the goal. Without asking for it, he has just earned himself a prayer warrior.
Please let us be friends.
Goodbye Tracy -
Sa 'yong mga palad
Silip
No comments:
Post a Comment