Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Standing by...

And so we come to a point in our lives when we get stuck in a situation and we feel as if there is nothing that could get us out of there. When we feel our faith is running out because there just seems to be nothing to hold on to. And when all the preaching cannot silence the questions running in our minds because we simply got nowhere to turn to, the tendency is to take pity on ourselves or simply loose hope that something good will ever come our way.

The good thing is we never totally succumb to that feeling of defeat and hopelessness. More often than not, help and providence comes when we are just about to let go, when our strength cannot support the weight on our shoulders. At least that’s how I see it. Because even if the assistance I need usually comes at the latter part of my difficulty, sparing me not from the travails, and yes, adventures of somebody in need, help still does come my way. And that is why, I’m thankful that I have my faith. Because it has sustained me all the time I was distressed and depressed and disillusioned by the harsh and revolting realities of life, my life. I don’t really know how to effectively tell others why they should trust, have faith and believe in an entity called the Divine Power. But i must say, for something almost unfathomable by human reason and intellect, it really can deliver what we sincerely ask from Him. Despite hundreds of testimonies as to the “truth” of such an entity, and even swearing under oath for the veracity of my own account, it is still sad to know that these are not enough to convince others to start practicing their faith and believe that GOD has something good in store for them. But if these are not enough, what would it take so that others might experience that joy of loving God and knowing simply that He has loved us without reasons, conditions and second thoughts?

There are still many things i need to know about my faith but its mysteries continue to lure me into believing that there is something more than what this world can offer if i continue on believing. The doctrines that back my faith are surely not enough to explain everything i believe in. The question of why the son of God has to die in order to save humankind would not let me be, although it does not bother me to think that way. What I console myself with, and how I understand His death and sacrifice, I take in simple discernment: If God was able to give up his only begotten Son for my salvation, what more my trivial necessities in this world?