Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Letter to my struggling self

Dear struggling self, 

I am amazed at the resilience you are showing despite the turmoil within, or should I say, composure. You are not alien to this situation, in fact, you have been here more times than I think you can handle, which is in itself a feat of impressive count. I would have wished that you are luckier in love though; that would have made your life less imperfect. 

You are here again, nevertheless and we both have to face it. Although you know this already, you are managing really well. You know that you need to hear this, even from yourself; most especially from yourself. You are now outstandingly good at keeping more than a straight face to people, even to the one who is causing you this terrible, terrible heartache. 

My hope is that you find someone who you can cry to who wouldn't ask why you are crying and will be content in asking if you have let out everything you needed to at that time; that would be divine. 

Until then, I hope you find the courage to cry on your own as normally and courageously as you would. 

Love, 
Gail 

No comments:

Post a Comment